We are looking for an experienced Senior Oracle Database Administrator to join our expanding IT Operations team. The successful candidate will be part of a large multi-international organization working with an array of database platforms and applications. They will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of various implementations of Oracle instances. They will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. It is a challenging role within a rapidly expanding company with a great work ethos who value and develop their employees
The ideal candidate will:
- Provision Oracle Databases in different configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of 24×7 mission critical databases
- Design and help setup replication across multiple geographically stretched data centers
- Prepare documentations and specifications including database design and coding standards
- Evaluates releases of Oracle software and supporting tool sets and provides upgrade path
- Assist in providing strategic direction for Oracle product/
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary
- Development and the maintaining database objects
- Assists in database changes impact analysis
- Ensure Change management process is followed
- Provide 24×7 support during on-call support rotation schedule
- Collaborate with other team members and business stakeholders
- 5+ years overall IT experience, with 3+ years on Oracle RDBMS
- Strong proficiency in Oracle database management and shell scripting
- Solid experience with versions of Oracle 11g and above
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovers (DR) options for Oracle
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- A good knowledge of operating systems, networking, database design, scalability, availability plus data modelling and normalization
- Willing to learn and work on other Oracle products like Golden Gate, Data Integrator, Database Appliance etc..
- In depth knowledge and experience with advanced PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers and replication
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Flexible, team player and a strong “get-it-done” personality
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent education.