As an IT Operations Support Specialist, you will be responsible for tier 2 level support for a global IT infrastructure, platforms and applications. You will work with a wide variety of the latest and best in class technologies, collaborate with some of the best in the industry. You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Tier 2 troubleshooting on wide range of incidents, ranging from web services, platforms, infrastructure, network, security, telecom and applications.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to Tier 1 support.
- Work closely with or escalate to Tier 3 groups including System Administrators, Security, DevOps, etc.
- Create and maintain SOPs (standard operation procedures).
- Identify potential systems problems and escalate to internal or external teams for resolution.
- Continuously develop and improve on technical aptitude, service knowledge
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills in several of the following: Linux/Unix/CentOS, MS Windows Server 2012/2016, Cisco networking/routing, shell bash scripting, PowerShell scripting
- Strong understanding of networking including TCP/IP, routing, LAN and WAN.
- Highly motivated with a keen sense of ownership, autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Is an agile learner.
- Computer Science degree, technical certificate or similar training / certification.
- 3+ years similar experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis, on weekends, and outside of typical business hours.
- Experience providing remote support for end users and systems
- Experience with applications based on Java, JEE, MSSQL, MySQL
- ITIL® Foundation certification.