IT APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR, TEAM LEAD
Summary of Role
The IT Applications Administrator, Team Lead is responsible for all applications used by the Customer Service teams; both commercially purchased and internally developed tools.
The Team Lead’s role is to plan, organize and manage product roadmaps, ensuring to understand, meet and surpass stakeholder expectations. With your team of Applications Administrators and programmers, you will be responsible for the entire life cycle of commercial purchased solutions and the life cycle of internally developed tools.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the road map and life cycle of commercially bought IT applications, with a focus on Contact Center Applications
- Plan, design, manage and support mission critical and high availability applications to ensure activities and duties are performed within SLA, OLA guidelines & quality expectations
- Work with key stakeholders in customer service / call center to ensure alignment of vision, practices, roadmaps and pain points to proactively deliver solutions
- Lead a diverse team of application administrators and programmers that are distributed globally
- Oversee and prioritize the day-to-day operational activities of the team including projects, strategic initiatives and support requests
- Maintain a performance data dashboard (for example, service level reporting and service analytics dashboard) and communicate to stakeholders.
- Drive the implement of new applications, including definition and validation of requirements, architecture, security, supportability, etc.
- Ensure that the team delivers 24x7x365 tier 3 support coverage by leveraging global time zone availability and on-call rotations*
- Create, document, implement and improve operating procedures and policies
- Follow ITSM processes for Change Management and Incident management using Jira
- Implement best practices in application systems and network security
- Drive continuous performance improvements: identify and implement process & procedures that improve the effectiveness of users
- Act as the escalation point for your team and have a strong understanding in broad areas of IT to be able to work closely with your team and other IT teams to achieve your goals.
- Select, develop, and retain a high performing global team, while championing a culture of employee engagement within the team and across regions
What will you need?
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology
- 2+ years’ leading or managing IT teams, systems administrators and/or programmers
- 2+ years’ experience supporting contact center environments and/or contact center tools.
- Experience with systems administration for either applications servers or operation systems such as Windows 2003-2016 Server, IIS, Exchange, AD, LDAP, RDS, MS SQL, Linux / Unix, Apache, MySQL, Postfix or Sendmail
- Experience with RAD or SDLC and application development / programming
- Solid understanding of networking, firewalls, load balancers, wan optimizers
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems in complex environments
- Work outside of normal business hours when needed with the potential to receive escalation calls 24/7/365 on occasion*
- Able to occasionally travel internationally*
- Positive, solution oriented attitude with strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following: Contact Centre applications, NICE IEX Workforce management, Nice Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Nice inContact Chat & Email, Nexidia, VPI call recording
What’s in it for you?
- Generous medical and dental insurance and benefits plan – 100% premium paid!
- Employer-matching RRSP program
- Open concept work environment – we encourage collaboration!
- Endless supply of espresso, coffee, tea and a fully equipped kitchen (you can even make your afternoon cappuccinos or iced-coffee right in the kitchen)
- Fresh fruit baskets delivered to each department twice a week
- $500 towards your favorite health & fitness program
- Parking – yes, it’s FREE!
- Team building, staff parties, outing, group activities, you name it!
- Raffles & free ticket giveaways and much, much more!