IT APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR
Summary of Role
The Enterprise Applications team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of mission critical applications including Contact Centre, Marketing, Business Intelligence and other corporate applications.
The IT Applications Administrator’s responsibilities include implementation of new applications, configuration, upgrades and maintenance, optimization, as well as tier 3 support.
What will you be doing?
- Be the subject matter expert in the applications supported
- Implement new applications, including definition and validation of requirements, architecture, security, supportability, etc.
- Conduct application testing as new deliverables are received from stakeholders or as part of new application deployment
- provide analysis and problem definition for production issues
- Provide tier 3 technical support for all applications under the Enterprise Applications umbrella.
- Document application installation, operating procedures, application objectives, SOP, etc
- Follow ITSM processes for Change Management and Incident management using Jira
- Participate in on-call support rotation*
- Able to perform implementation, updates or patching after hours*
- Implement best practices in application systems and network security
- Willing to learn new applications and technologies
- Drive continuous performance improvements: identify and implement process & procedures that improve the effectiveness of users
- Have a strong understanding in broad areas of IT to be able to work closely with other ITO teams to optimize applications and troubleshoot problems
What will you need?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a systems administration role for either applications servers or operation systems such as:
- Windows 2003-2016 Server
- IIS, Exchange, AD, LDAP, RDS, MS SQL
- Linux or Unix
- Apache, MySQL, Postfix or Sendmail
- Enterprise class applications with 200+ users
- Good knowledge of SQL with ability to optimize queries, stored procedures, jobs and database performance
- Solid understanding of networking
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills, with the ability to research and solve technically challenging problems in complex environments
- Ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, suggest and implement process changes
- Positive, solution oriented attitude with strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following: Contact Centre applications, NICE IEX Workforce management, Nice Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Nice inContact Chat & Email, Nexidia, VPI call recording, Tableau, Pentaho, Strongview, Ctera, Redmine
What’s in it for you?
- Generous medical and dental insurance and benefits plan – 100% premium paid!
- Employer-matching RRSP program
- Open concept work environment – we encourage collaboration!
- Endless supply of espresso, coffee, tea and a fully equipped kitchen (you can even make your afternoon cappuccinos or iced-coffee right in the kitchen)
- Fresh fruit baskets delivered to each department twice a week
- $500 towards your favorite health & fitness program
- Parking – yes, it’s FREE!
- Team building, staff parties, outing, group activities, you name it!
- Raffles & free ticket giveaways and much, much more!