Desktop Support Manager – Relocation to Antigua
Summary of Role
The Regional Desktop Support Manager is responsible for all desktop support teams and desktop support activities in their designated region.
Please note this position is based in Antigua and requires a relocation.
You will manage several desktop support teams and ensure adherence to policies, meet service and operation level expectations. The selected candidate will create and execute strategic plans to deliver new technology, drive efficiencies and improve customer satisfaction. In addition, you are an out of the box thinker and can equally resolve both technical and human problems.
You will work with some of the brightest IT professionals in the industry using only the latest and best in class tools and platforms. With peers and clients locally and around the world, you will support leading edge technologies and services for 1000+ users, focused on ensuring high availability and performance.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for all activities of the Desktop Services Teams in your assigned regions.
- Play a pivotal part the success of globalizing desktop support services
- Develop, implement and improve SLAs/policies to ensure the best services and solutions
- Assess and improve current procedures driving operational improvements
- Implement self-service technologies and other work optimization strategies and tools
- Work closely with tier 3 IT teams to assist with timely resolutions of complex issues
- Perform regular systems audits to ensure desktop support compliances with standards
- Monitor ticketing system queue and assign accordingly
- Day to day business systems maintenance
- Be the escalation point for VIP users to prioritize requests appropriately
What will you need?
- 10+ years IT experience with 5+ years managing a global service desk
- Strong understanding of Microsoft technologies (Windows desktop/server, Active Directory, Exchange, SCCM), Mac OS, Networks, TCP/IP, WinTel and Mac hardware
- Demonstrated ability to evolve and implement new technologies, processes and improvements to drive SLA, costs reduction etc.
- Experience using Jira, or other service desk software.
- Skilled at problem analysis and problem solving
- Customer service oriented and able to resolve interpersonal conflicts
- Experience creating service catalogs, managing SLA and creating roadmaps
- Ability to constantly re-prioritize tasks and projects
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Able to accept after hours calls, escalations and work when required
- Able to travel internationally several times a year for 1-2 week periods
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft certifications, ITIL v3, SCRUM or Service Desk Management
- Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
- Experience with Unix/Linux