Linux System Administrator
(Internal Title: IT Operations Support Specialist)
Summary of Role
As an IT Operations Support Specialist, you will be responsible for Tier 2 level support for a Global IT infrastructure platforms and applications. You will work with a wide variety of the latest and best in class technologies; collaborate with some of the best in the industry. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What will you be doing?
- Tier 2 troubleshooting on wide range of incidents, ranging from web services, platforms, infrastructure, network, security, telecommand applications.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to Tier 1 Support.
- Work closely with or escalate to Tier 3 groups including System Administrators, Security, DevOps, etc.
- Create and maintain SOPs (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Identify potential systems problems and escalate to internal or external teams for resolution.
- Continuously develop and improve on technical aptitude, service knowledge
- Participate in special projects as required.
What will you need?
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills in several of the following: Linux/Unix/CentOS, MS Windows Server 2012/2016, Cisco networking/routing, shell bash scripting, PowerShell scripting
- Strong understanding of networking including TCP/IP, routing, LAN, and WAN.
- Highly motivated with a keen sense of ownership, autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- 3+ years’ similar experience
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis on weekends but within business hours.
- Experience providing remote support for end users and systems
- Python experience
- Experience with applications based on Java, JEE, MSSQL, MySQL
- ITIL® Foundation certification.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous medical and dental insurance and benefits plan - 100% premium paid!
- Employer-matching RRSP program
- Open concept work environment - we encourage collaboration!
- Endless supply of espresso, coffee, tea and a fully equipped kitchen (you can even make your afternoon cappuccinos or iced-coffee right in the kitchen)
- Fresh fruit baskets delivered to each department twice a week
- $500 towards your favorite health & fitness program
- Parking - yes, it's FREE!
- Team building, staff parties, outing, group activities, you name it!
- Raffles & free ticket giveaways and much, much more!