DESKTOP SUPPORT / SCCM SPECIALIST
Summary of Role
The Desktop Support Specialist is an integral position as part of the IT Operations team. This individual has exceptional troubleshooting, customer service skills and business savvy and is the expert at providing MS Windows & Mac desktop support.
What will you be doing?
- Design and implement collections, programs, and advertisements within the SCCM console
- Test and troubleshoot software deployments via Microsoft SCCM
- Providing Level 3 support to end users as well as our Level 1 and 2 desk-side support teams
- Work with and be part of a talented global team, employing a Follow the Sun support model
- Experience with call center environment / application support
- Evaluating new hardware, software and peripherals
- Provide computer systems troubleshooting, support and training for end users
- Provide timely and consistent support, acknowledging and recording all incidents and requests
- Handle network and desktop setup for new employees/office moves
- Manage and support mobile phones (iPhone) and Cisco IP phone for current and new users
- Apply and maintain policies both technical and operational
- Be the onsite contact for remote IT infrastructure support teams including Windows and Unix Servers, Networking, Security, Storage, Virtualization
What will you need?
- 5+ years of experience in a desktop support or similar role
- Related education/certification
- Strong knowledge of:
- MS SCCM imaging and software deployment
- MS Windows 7/8/10, Mac OSX
- MS Exchange Server /Outlook
- Cisco IP Phones and applications (Cisco Finesse ,call manger ,Jabber, WebEx , and video conferencing
- TCP/IP and associated services (e.g., DNS, DHCP)
- PC and MAC hardware/software
- Active Directory & GPO * Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- A strong sense of responsibility and initiative and an ability to complete tasks accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A "can-do" attitude and comfortable managing competing priorities to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction
- Some physical lifting required
- Ability to travel internationally for 1-2 week periods would be an asset.
- Excellent communications skills in English, verbal and written
- Would be an asset if you have experience with:
- Airwatch or other MDM solution
- Jira or other service desk software
What’s in it for you?
- Generous medical and dental insurance and benefits plan - 100% premium paid!
- Employer-matching RRSP program
- Open concept work environment - we encourage collaboration!
- Endless supply of espresso, coffee, tea and a fully equipped kitchen (you can even make your afternoon cappuccinos or iced-coffee right in the kitchen)
- Fresh fruit baskets delivered to each department twice a week
- $500 towards your favorite health & fitness program
- Parking - yes, it's FREE!
- Team building, staff parties, outing, group activities, you name it!
- Raffles & free ticket giveaways and much, much more!