The IT Operations (ITO) department is responsible for all Network, Telecommunications, Infrastructure, Systems, and Support services globally. This group of highly skilled and technical individuals plays a vital role in ensuring business success through product and service management, provisioning, and uptime of these vital services. As an online (always-on) business, any service downtime has a direct and measurable impact on turnover and revenue; therefore, all ITO functions are 24×7 and work together to safeguard the business’s products and services, ensuring uptime is maintained.
IT Operations Support (ITOS) focuses on proactively preventing or reactively minimizing and mitigating the impact of any disruption to service availability and performance through expert knowledge, monitoring, alerting, incident management, and root cause analysis.
As an ITO Support Analyst, you are part of a dynamic team that is the first line of defense in making sure any incidents, monitoring events, or service requests are quickly identified, logged, communicated, and appropriately dealt with either through known resolution procedures or escalation. You will work closely in tandem with second tier support teams and other IT functions such as infrastructure, networks, telecoms, enterprise applications, and software development.
Given the highly visible nature of the support team within the organization, as a Support Analyst you will be measured on your ability to accurately handle, log, and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner, and to ensure mean time to resolution is kept to an absolute minimum.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide comprehensive first-tier IT support for the efficient resolution of incidents and requests.
- Handle multiple incoming Events and Reports: acknowledge, interpret, prioritize, document, investigate & resolve (or escalate), and notify.
- Assist in Root Cause Analysis.
- Ensure lower-priority incidents are handled and followed through to completion.
- Provide excellent customer service skills, problem solving skills, technical thinking/reasoning skills, and a high level of individual judgment to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify potential systems problems and escalate to internal or external teams for resolution.
- Work with customers to establish the appropriate expectation and response time for resolution of incidents and requests.
- Further develop technical aptitude and customer service knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Take ownership of and log all customer interactions, and ensure follow-ups are made.
- Provide and communicate timely feedback to internal and external customers via phone, email, or other forms of communication.
- Provide first-level Desktop Support (e.g. standard configuration of software, password resets, etc.).
- Perform related tasks as needed or assigned.
- Degree or technical certificate with two or more years of technical support experience, OR comparable training with technical support experience.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of major desktop software applications, hardware, and networking concepts.
- Ability to quickly analyze issues and determine possible causes, and to identify appropriate solutions or escalation paths. A high aptitude for problem solving is required.
- Ability to understand and empathize with customer concerns/issues, remaining committed to providing quality results.
- Ability to apply discretion resulting in appropriate/desired resolutions.
- Autonomous, detail-oriented, highly organized, and quick to adapt to changes.
- Ability to work on a rotational shift basis, on weekends, and outside of typical business hours.
- Ability to connect and build relationships with customers via virtual methods, phone, email, and instant messaging.
- Experience in a technology support organization.
- Prior Service Desk and/or Call Center experience.
- Experience supporting remotely located end users, and an understanding of the impact of technology on the business.
- ITIL® Foundation certification.