||Network Security Engineer
||Network Security Team Lead
The Network Security Team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing management of all network systems that safeguard data and information technology assets for the entire enterprise. The team ensures that appropriate solutions are in place to comply with corporate security policy, preventing unauthorized systems access and maintaining information security, data confidentiality and systems integrity. The team is responsible for all technical solutions related to the mitigation of security threats from both internal and external sources, ensuring acceptable controls are in place to restrict the flow of information at all times.
The Network Security Engineer focuses on securing information and assets by implementing and maintaining network security systems according to accepted corporate policy.
The position is a technical expert within the enterprise for network security and has accountability for both business as usual changes and ensuring continuous improvement through project implementations and/or recommendations to address any identified vulnerabilities.
This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical experts within all IT functions and extensive involvement with the Network Operations and Corporate Security groups.
- Actively involved the design of stable, scalable and manageable security solutions for the entire enterprise.
- Play a key role in all network security projects, including hardware specifications / recommendations and subsequent implementations
- Proactively identify potential problems and improvements that can be made within the current security systems deployment
- Act as a key resource in the troubleshooting of any network security related issues that may arise.
- Responsible for traffic pattern and trend analysis in response to security alerts or incidents, producing reports for the business where required
- Work with vendors where required to provide effective incident resolution
- Technically support development based projects from initial conception through implementation, offering assistance and recommendations where required
- Ensure a detailed set of documentation related to all network security systems and solutions is maintained
- Research new security related technology and advancements to provide recommendations for ongoing improvement to the enterprise
- 10+ years progressive experience within information technology and 5 years specifically within network or information security
- Expert understanding of common network security tools and practices, including information security standards (ISO 17799/27001/2) and data confidentiality
- Extensive experience with Firewall technologies, specifically Cisco ASA and FWSM appliances
- Experience with and in depth understanding of Next Generation Firewall platforms (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco)
- Excellent knowledge of intrusion detection technologies (IDS/IPS)
- Extensive experience with VPN and remote access solutions
- Fully familiar with network forensic tools (lancope, skybox)
- Experience with the design and deployment of proxy and URL filtering appliances
- Excellent knowledge of antivirus technologies (Trend Micro, Symantec)
- Expert understanding of IP/LAN/WAN technologies
- Expert understanding in secure WLAN technologies
- Linux systems administration experience a significant asset
- Security accreditation preferred (CISSP, CCFP or equivalent)
- Network vendor accreditation desired (CCNA/CCNP or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- Awareness of project management approaches and techniques
- Awareness of commercial and IT systems procurement practice