The Network Administration Team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing management of network and connectivity related systems that support business activity across the entire enterprise. The team ensures that appropriate solutions are in place to provide maximum possible uptime and performance for all end hosts, systems, offices and data center locations, with resiliency and integrity built in according to agreed corporate standards.
The Network Administrator focuses on providing the business with the highest levels of service for both support and project related task resolution, whilst ensuring the best possible connectivity and performance is in place to aid the business.
Responsible for the planning and implementation of both business as usual and project related requests, development of network standards, and also action plans to address any identified weakness or propose where improvements can be made.
This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff within all IT functions and extensive involvement with the Network Security and Infrastructure groups.
- Act as a key tier 2 resource for the troubleshooting of any network-related problems that may arise.
- Work with vendors where required to provide effective incident resolution.
- Participate in the deployment of networking solutions for the enterprise.
- Technically support projects from initial conception through implementation, offering assistance and recommendations where required.
- Maintain detailed network documentation.
- Proactively monitor network availability, performance, and security.
- Research new network technology and advancements to provide recommendations for ongoing improvement to the enterprise.
- Proactively identify potential problems and improvements that can be made within LAN and WAN environments.
- Minimum two years of experience in a network dedicated role, supporting a multi-location Cisco-oriented LAN and WAN environment.
- Good understanding of common network deployments, demonstrable experience supporting medium sized infrastructures
- Good operating knowledge of Cisco IOS command line interface. CCNA certification required. CCNP certification an asset.
- Good understanding of and support experience with Cisco ASA/FWSM technologies
- Experience with Cisco enterprise grade wireless solutions
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switching technology an asset
- Operational familiarity with load balancing technology, specifically: F5 Big-IP
- Experience with Riverbed technologies a significant asset
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Operational familiarity with common network management tools (e.g. Cacti, SiteScope, RANCID, etc.) an asset.
- Linux system administration experience a significant asset.
- Must be available to work outside of office hours and weekends.
- Participation in an on-call rota will be required.