You are part of a group responsible for the delivery and support of Information Security services related to our business and its customers. These services are essential in running our organization and relied upon heavily from all business facets such as Product Development Customer Services, Marketing, HR Legal and Finance.
You are highly motivated with strong technical acumen in security technologies, working in collaboration with a team of other technical experts within all IT functions.
You ensure all projects and initiatives you are working on are consistently delivered to a high level of quality and reliability. You must be able to work in a fast paced, agile environment with short timelines for deliverables.
The ideal candidate will:
- Implement and manage security systems across the entire organizations network, including next generation firewalls (PaloAlto), intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), web application firewalls and endpoint security solutions,
- Work with the Cyber Security and Networks teams to maintain Firewall rules and device configuration,
- Cover system maintenance, troubleshooting and BAU activities for network and security solutions,
- Proactively identify potential problems and improvements that can be made within the current network and security systems deployment, e.g. configuration management, monitoring/alerting, automation,
- Work with vendors where required to provide effective incident resolution,
- Maintain a detailed set of documentation related to all network and security systems,
- Participate in knowledge sharing with other members of the Corporate Security team.
- Work permit holder for Canada/Quebec
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems Security and/or prior work experience with firewall administration
- Familiarity with networking concepts including routing, switching, IP addressing, network address translation
- Understanding of usual network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols, etc.). Identity and access management principles.
- An understanding of the fundamentals of IT Security and the role and purpose of security technologies like firewalls, IPS, proxies, content filtering, malware defences, VPNs
- Keen interest in Cyber Security concepts and on-going developments surrounding contemporary Cyber risks
- Fast, eager and resourceful learner
BUSINESS SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be an intelligent, articulate, consensus building individual who can serve as an effective member of the security engineering team and communicate effectively information security-related concepts.
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the company’s internal and personnel affairs
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives or activities, and effectively make judgments in prioritizing and time allocation in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to deal with changes and adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to work well with others, with an emphasis on virtual teams across multiple time zones
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a multi-office environment
- Willingness to travel to attend training courses and visit other offices overseas as required
Non-essential but an asset
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems Security or equivalent working experience preferred
- Security accreditation preferred (PaloAlto ACE, PCNSE, F5)
To apply for this position please click here.
Please complete the form and attach your resume.