The Network Administration Team is responsible for the design, implementation and ongoing management of network and connectivity related systems that support business activity across the entire enterprise. The team ensures that appropriate solutions are in place to provide maximum possible uptime and performance for all end hosts, systems, offices and data center locations, with resiliency and integrity built in according to agreed corporate standards.
The Network Administrator focuses on providing the business with the highest levels of service for both support and project related task resolution, whilst ensuring the best possible connectivity and performance is in place to aid the business.
Responsible for the planning, implementation of both business as usual and project related requests, development of network standards, and also action plans to address any identified weakness or propose where improvements can be made.
This role involves a high level of collaboration with other technical staff within all IT functions and extensive involvement with the Network Security and Infrastructure groups.
- Act as a key resource for the troubleshooting of any network-related problems that may arise.
- Proactively identify potential problems and improvements that can be made within LAN and WAN environments.
- Work with vendors where required to provide effective incident resolution.
- Participate in the design of scalable and secure networking solutions for the enterprise.
- Technically support projects from initial conception through implementation, offering assistance and recommendations where required.
- Play a key role in the implementation of new network hardware.
- Maintain detailed network documentation.
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of tools and process to proactively monitor network availability, performance, and security.
- Work with vendors and purchasers to procure network products and services.
- Research new network technology and advancements to provide recommendations for ongoing improvement to the enterprise.
- Excellent operating knowledge of common LAN and WAN technologies, demonstrable experience supporting complex layer 2 and 3 topologies in data center environments.
- Excellent operating knowledge of IP and associated layer-4 protocols.
- Minimum one-year experience as a network administrator in a multi-location Cisco-oriented LAN and WAN environment.
- Excellent operating knowledge of Cisco IOS command line interface. CCNA certification required. CCNP certification an asset.
- Excellent operating knowledge of Cisco ASA/FWSM technologies and implementation.
- Experience supporting Cisco enterprise grade wireless solutions.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switching technology an asset.
- Operational familiarity with load balancing technology, specifically: F5 Big-IP.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication
- Operational familiarity with common network management tools (e.g. Cacti, SiteScope, RANCID, etc.) an asset.
- Linux system administration experience a significant asset.
- Must be available to work outside of office hours and weekends.
- Participation in an on-call rota will be required